All pupils must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school’s culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
Our school uniform is important to us because it is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
- Blazer with Logo
- Academy tie
- Academy jumper: long sleeved or sleeveless (optional)
- Academy bag with Academy logo
- Academy PE bag with Academy logo
- White shirt with buttons to the collar. The shirt can be long sleeved or (in the summer term only) short sleeved.
- Charcoal grey straight leg trousers.
- Black or grey socks.
- Charcoal grey straight leg trouser or plain charcoal grey knee length skirt without slits
- Black or grey non‐patterned tights or plain black or grey ankle length socks.
- Black leather ‘school’ shoes (not suede). Laces must be black. If shoes have a heel, this should be a low heel.
- Ark Evelyn Grace Academy PE Shirt
- Ark Evelyn Grace Academy PE Shorts
- Plain black PE Jogging bottoms
- Singled colours trainers/plimsoles
- Plain black socks
- Ark Evelyn Grace Academy PE Sweatshirt/Hoodie
- Ark Evelyn Grace Academy Rugby Shirt (boys)
PE kits are worn on the day that they have PE on their timetables or when they have their sporting enrichment Period 6 on Wednesdays. Blazers must be worn over PE kit.
Purchasing school uniform
Our uniform supplier is Apt Clothing Co.
- 26A Rye Lane, Peckham, London, SE15 5BS.
- 020 7639 6580
Any unwanted items of uniform may be given to the school office. We host regular second-hand uniform sales where good quality items can be picked up for low cost.
All students are expected to have the Ark Evelyn Grace Academy School Bag with following items:
- Ark Evelyn Grace Academy Planner
- Current reading book
- Water bottle containing still water
- Books/folders/homework for that day's lesson
- Musical instrument, as and when needed
- PE kit, as and when needed
- Pencil case with correct equipment:
- 2 black or blue writing pens
- 1 red writing pen
- 2 highlighter pens
- 2 sharpened pencils
- 1 rubber
- 1 12inch ruler
- Scientific Calculator
If students are notin full uniform ,they will not be able to attend lessons. They will work in isolation until the correct uniform is brought to them or they will be sent home to change.
Students are expected to wear full Academy uniform on the way to and from the Academy. All shirts to be tucked in, tie and blazer to be worn at all times. If students look outstanding, they will feel outstanding. Headscarves may be worn for religious reasons and must be plain black. No other headwear is permitted unless justified by a medical or religious reason in which case it must be plain black.
Outdoor Clothing Items
Outdoor coats must be plain dark colours. No leather or denim jackets or hoodies – these items
are not to be worn on site. All outdoor clothing must be removed when in the Academy
The following items are not to be worn or seen when on site:
- Individual fashion statements such as extreme hair styles or colours, designer shirts, trainers, ‘Vans’ and decorated footwear are not permitted. Shoes must have black laces and no coloured stitching.
- No decorative attachments are to be worn in the hair.
- Tram lines or other shaved shapes in the hair and patterns in eyebrows are not permitted.
- Make‐up and nail varnish or nail extensions must not be worn at any time.
- Tinted or cosmetic contact lenses and decorative dental wear.
- No bandannas, hoods, caps or hats.
- No jewellery except for one wristwatch and a maximum of two small, plain (no stones) gold/silver stud earrings.
- No other ear piercing is acceptable. Nose studs and other forms of body piercing are not permitted.
- No accessories are to be worn around the neck or attached to clothing.
- Personal stereos, mobile telephones, pagers, smart watches, computer games, etc.
- Forbidden items will be confiscated and only returned to parents.
- Money should be kept in purses or money belts. No other money pouches will be acceptable.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the lost property box located in the school office. Please ask the school office if you wish to look through this box. We endeavour to return all named property, but give unclaimed lost property to a local children’s charity at the end of term.