Careers Mission Statement
Ark Evelyn Grace Academy uses the gold standard Gatsby Benchmarks as a guide to plan our Careers & Enrichment programme.
As part of our commitment to informing our students of the full range of learning and training pathways on offer to them, we are happy to consider requests from training, apprenticeship and vocational providers to speak to students.
"Every student will find an individual pathway to University and Career Success based on informed decisions and in-depth Careers Education Information and Guidance (CEIAG)"
"Guidance is important for social mobility because it helps open pupils' eyes to careers they may not have considered." Gatsby Report 2014
The Gatsby Benchmarks
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework used to define, guide and develop the best careers programme. They are the recommended elements of good practice in career guidance and the government’s careers strategy is built around them. They offer a great place to start when we are considering improvements to our programme.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
At Evelyn Grace Academy, we aim to widen participation in further and higher education. We would like to support the increase of groups that are currently underrepresented, in particular students:
- From disadvantaged backgrounds.
- With special educational needs.
- Who will be the first generation to attend University.
We work with organisations that achieve this through workshops, visits careers talks and other activities.
If you would like to work with Evelyn Grace Academy, please contact email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.