Our Careers Strategy
EGA Careers Programme and the Lambeth Careers Cluster
Lambeth Council has given us the opportunity to complete the Quality in Careers standard for our careers education. We are one of 17 Lambeth schools currently working towards this.
The Quality in Careers standard is about improving students’ awareness of opportunities, raising their aspirations. To receive it, we will have to demonstrate our commitment to provide impartial, independent careers education, information, advice and guidance to all of our students and will have to continuously evaluate our programme against The Gatsby Benchmarks - the Gold Standard for all Career Programmes.
Read about the Gatsby Benchmarks here http://www.gatsby.org.uk/uploads/education/reports/pdf/gatsbygoodcareerguidance8pagea5.pdf
What’s in it for our students?
We continue to work to ensure that our Careers programme gives our students:
- Awareness of opportunities
- Broad horizons
- High motivation to achieve
- Ability to make the right choices
- Involvement in designing and evaluating our CEIAG programme
- Access to a curriculum that is relevant to life beyond school, including the world of work and further education
- Equal opportunities.
What’s in it for the school?
The Quality in Careers Award helps us ensure that we:
- Meet legislation requirements
- Follow Government guidelines
- Have a framework for CEIAG
- Have independent, objective evidence for inspections (e.g. Ofsted)
- Receive public recognition of our provision of CEIAG
- Integrate CEIAG within the curriculum
- Have a whole school approach to CEIAG.
For further information about our Careers programme and to see our commitment to our students career journey please see the documents below or please contact Francesca Hall our Careers and Work Related Learning Officer at Francesca.Hall@evelyngraceacademy.org or 020 7377096 Ext. 136:
PDF of our Careers Strategy
Statutory Guidance for Careers Guidance and Education