Admissions and Appeals
If you have any queries about our admissions process, the waiting list or your child's place at Ark Evelyn Grace Academy, please contact us on 020 7737 9520 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Admissions for Year 7
We have 180 places available in year 7 each year. Parents are strongly advised to take advice from their child’s primary school about the process for transfer into a secondary school. The process for Year 7 admissions for 2022/23 is:
- Refer to Lambeth’s Secondary Schools booklet.
- Visit the schools you are interested in (September and October 2022). Please click here for our open day events. If you are unable to attend one of open day events please call up to arrange a time to come in and view the school.
- Complete the Common Application Form (available from the Lambeth admissions team) and return it to Lambeth Council as advised by your child’s primary school. This should be done online by 31st October 2022.
- Parents will be notified of their school allocation early in March 2023.
Please note that Ark Evelyn Grace Academy has no supplementary forms and co-operates with the London-wide secondary schools admission process.
Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the admissions number and the Academy is therefore over-subscribed, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admissions of pupils with statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named on the statement, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
Evelyn Grace Academy Admission Policy 2021-22 (*which will come into effect in the academic year 2021-22)
Evelyn Grace Academy Admission Policy 2022-23 (*which will come into effect in he academic year 2022-23)
Evelyn Grace Academy Admission Policy 2023-24 (*which will come into effect in he academic year 2023-24)
In-Year Admissions 2022/2023
What year would my child be in? Please check using your child's date of birth here.
Applications made to any year group outside the main admissions round (In-Year admissions) should be made directly to the academy by hand to the school office or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply for a place for your child, please complete our application form
Parents/carers will be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days. If a place is refused the child will be added to the waiting list, the position on the waiting list will be determined according to the oversubscription criteria in the School’s Admissions Policy. If refused a place, the parent/carer has the right to appeal the decision.
If you wish to appeal, please click here for the appeal form
Appeal panel hearings will take place within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal. Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal hearing date by the independent appeal panel clerk.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2022/23 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2022 will be heard in accordancde to the regulations in the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||01st March 2023||31st March 2023 (to be confirmed)|
Appeal panel hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting an appeal.
The independent appeal panel clerk will notify parents/carers of the date of their appeal; appeal hearings will take place in May/June/July 2023.
If you wish to appeal for a place in year 7, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact the acadmey if you need a paper form.
Admissions Consultation 2024/25
Ark Evelyn Grace Academy is now consulting on its admissions policy for September 2024 intake. Consultation will run from 24th October to 4th December 2022. Please see the below consultation briefing note and draft policy for more information.