Year 8 Parents Evening - Thursday 23rd May – 3.45pm to 7.30pm
All Year 8 Parent/Carers welcome. We look forward to seeing you.
Half-Term Break - Monday 27th May 2019 to Friday 31st May 2019
School finishes at normal time Friday 24th May 2019 - 3:15pm. School resumes as normal Monday 3rd June 2019 at 08:25am
Summer Term GCSE and A-Level Exams
Please click here for the GCSE and A-Level exam timetables for Year's 11 and 13
Your child should expect to receive two - three pieces of homework every night which will have a positive impact on their progress in school. Please see here a detailed breakdown of our school homework timetable for all year groups: Ark EGA Homework Timetable
Here are some of the key reasons homework is important and you may like to share these with your child:
- Homework teaches students the importance of planning, staying organised and taking action.
- Homework gives students another opportunity to review their class material.
- Homework gives parents a chance to see what is being taught in school.
It is important to help create an appropriate learning environment at home for your child to complete their homework successfully.
Here are five useful tips:
- Provide a quiet place with few distractions for your child: no friends, television, mobile phones or other potential distractions should be present.
- Allocate enough time. Your child should complete their homework on the day their receive it. Help them not to leave it until the last minute!
- Check their planner every day to ensure that they have completed all their homework.
- If your child needs to do their homework on a computer, make sure they avoid social network sites (Facebook) or unrelated websites.
- Make a routine. It will help them do the homework independently and it will become a part of their everyday routine.