For the attention of all EGA Parents
Wednesday 29th March 2017, 5:30pm - 7pm - Year 11 Parent's Evening - All Parents are welcome to attend.
Last day of Term - Friday 31st March 2017, please note students will be dismissed at 12:10pm. Easter Half Term Break commences 01st April 2017 - 17th April 2017.
Staff Inset Day - Tuesday 18th April 2017, The school will be closed to all students. School resumes as normal Wednesday 19th April 2017, 8:20am.
Reminder: Please sign Student Planners! One of the easiest ways of keeping in touch with your child’s progress is to make sure that you have signed their planner. You can leave notes in the planner if you wish to communicate with your child’s tutor or subject teachers and keep an eye on how much homework is being set.
We monitor our student’s planners every week and, when we see your signature, we know that we are supporting each other with your child’s education.
Beyond the classroom
At Evelyn Grace Academy, we offer a host of in-school and extra-curricular activities to extend students' education beyond the classroom. These activites include:
- University Trips
- PGL Residential Trips
- Outward Bound Trips
- ARK inter-academy festivals: Music Gala and Shakespeare Festival
- ARK competitions: Book Factor, Spelling Bee, Table Tennis Tournament
- Sporting competitions
- Debate Competitions and Public Speaking Events
The academy also runs after school master classes for students who are "on target" with their learning. These master classes further develop students' skills and help foster their interest in a range of activities/subjects.
The activities on offer include:
- Language clubs such as Mandarin, Spanish and Portuguese
- Drama club
- Music clubs, including Choir and Music Technology
- Dance showcases
- Football, Basketball, Table Tennis, Rugby, Netball and Cricket clubs
- Poetry Slam, and Handwriting club
- Photography, Mini Enterprise and Business clubs
- Maths Ambassadors club
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme
- Art, Textiles and Resistant Materials
The academy also has a programme of activities for gifted and talented students, and work in partnership with the Brilliant Club.
We also have great relationships with various external corporate and community organisations, such as:
Our linked organisations work closely with our students to provide workshops, project activities and work experience for our students. Many of our students participate in leadership programmes with these organisations.