If you know a young person (aged 8-18 years) from a low income Lambeth household who is enthusiastic and committed to the arts (e.g. music, drama) or sports, they may be eligible for grant of up to £1,000. Click here for more information.
Spring 2 Assesments
Spring 2 Assessments for Year’s 7-10 will take place on Monday 27 February 2017 to Friday 03 March 2017
Spring 2 Mock Exams for Year’s 11-13 will take place on Monday 27 February 2017 to Wednesday 08 March 2017 - Mock Exam Timetable for Year's 11-13
EGA Uniform Guide
The following items are included in the academy uniform across the different year groups:
- Blazer with Logo (compulsory)
- Academy tie (compulsory, except for Year 10 and 11 girls)
- Academy bag with Academy logo (compulsory, except for year 10 and 11)
- Academy PE bag with Academy logo (compulsory, except for year 10 and 11)
- Academy jumper: long sleeved or sleeveless (optional)
The following items are included in the academy uniform but are not sold by the school. Parents/Carers may purchase these from any retailer:
- Plain white shirt with buttons to the collar. The shirt can be long sleeved or (in the summer term only) short sleeved. A plain white T-shirt or vest may be worn under the shirt. Coloured or patterned T-shirts are not allowed.
- Plain charcoal grey straight leg trousers.
- Plain black or grey socks.
- Plain, black leather or leather type, lace up or slip-ons, not suede. Laces must be black. No trainers.
- Plain white shirt with buttons to the collar that can be worn with a tie. The shirt can be long sleeved or (in the summer term only) short sleeved. A plain white T-shirt or vest may be worn under the shirt. Coloured or patterned T-shirts are not allowed.
- Plain charcoal grey straight leg trouser or plain charcoal grey knee length skirt without slits
- Plain black or grey non-patterned tights or plain black or grey ankle length socks.
- Plain, black leather or leather type, lace up or slip-ons, not suede. Heels must not exceed 5 cm. Laces must be black. No trainer
For more information about our school uniform, please read through our uniform policy here:
- Black unisex polo shirt Academy logo
- Black microfiber bottoms with Academy logo and/or black microfiber shorts with Academy logo and/or black microfiber skirt with Academy logo
The following sports kit is not compulsory but may be purchased through the school:
- Shower-proof sports jacket with Academy logo
The following sports kit is compulsory but not sold by the school:
- Plain black socks
- Trainers with laces suitable for physical activity not fashion trainers
- Swimming costume and towel (girls must wear a one piece swimming costume)
If students need to or chose to wear a coat this must be a plain black outdoor coat or jacket worn over their uniform. This must have no obvious logos or patterns. Hoodies of any sort are not allowed.
Headwear, Jewellery, make-up and hairstyles
Headscarf’s may be worn for religious reasons and must be plain black.
No other head wear is permitted unless justified by a medical or religious reason in which case it must be plain black.
Students are not allowed to wear make up to school.
Jewellery and badges (other than school badges) may not be worn. One wrist watch is acceptable. Students with pierced ears will be allowed to wear two plain gold/silver small studs, one in each ear. Nose studs or other jewellery are not allowed.
Boys are not allowed to wear any earrings.
Hairstyles should be neat and well presented. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted. This includes hair colouring, hair styles or accessories. Any hair bands must be either black or emerald green. The senior leadership of the Academy will decide at their discretion if a hairstyle is appropriate or not, carvings or patterns in hair or eye brows are not allowed.
Lambeth does not offer a uniform grant. As an alternative they suggest that parents/carers use the loan facilities offered by the Lambeth Savings & Credit Union ltd.
For more information please visit their website at www.lscu.org.uk