Spring 2 Mock Exams
- Spring 2 Assessments in Years 7-10 will take place from Monday 26th February 2018 to Friday 2nd March 2018
- Spring 2 Mock Exams in Years 11-13 will take place from Monday 26th February 2018 to Friday 9th March 2018 - please find the Mock Exam Timetables here
Happy New Year and Welcome back
We trust you have had a wonderful Christmas break with lots of rest and opportunities to be with friends and family. As we start a new year and new term, we are confident that 2017 will be an exciting, productive and successful year.
Please take the time to explore our website to learn more about our school, stay up to date with all academy activities and important information.
Please be reminded of the following:
- Sixth Form Parents Evening - 12th January 2017
- Parent Forum - 01st February 2017. Please try and make this date available in your diaries. The focus of this session will be on Careers education and our ‘Safer Schools’ partnership.
- Half Term - 13th to 17th February 2017
- Year 11 Parents Evening - 16th March 2017
We continue to sustain our zero tolerance of violence, weapons and aggression. Any student found in possession of a weapon or a knife will be permanently excluded as we cannot and will not compromise the safety of our students and staff.
The official school trousers are charcoal/grey in colour and students wearing black trousers will be sent home to change. Black shoes only no trainers are permitted.
Only girls are allowed to wear earrings (one small gold or silver stud in each ear)
Nail varnish, acrylic nails or make-up is also not permitted
Hair is neat and natural, without ‘designs’, ‘cut-ins’ or an excessive number of hair accessories or colours.
School Lunches (ParentPay)
The cost of school lunches
- Daily - £2.30
- Weekly - £11.50
*Reminder: School lunches can be paid for via ParentPay. Click here for more details
Please ensure your child's lunch account is in credit and topped up on a regular basis.
To check if your child is eligible for free school meals, please click here.
It is important that we are all mindful of the importance of students being in school every day if they are to make good progress. Parents are, therefore, not permitted to take students abroad in term time. Permission can be granted by me only in special circumstances and only if the student has attendance of at least 95%. Students’ appointments should not be made during the school day as their absence will affect their learning time and attendance.