Year 8 Parents Evening - Thursday 23rd May – 3.45pm to 7.30pm
All Year 8 Parent/Carers welcome. We look forward to seeing you.
Half-Term Break - Monday 27th May 2019 to Friday 31st May 2019
School finishes at normal time Friday 24th May 2019 - 3:15pm. School resumes as normal Monday 3rd May 2019 at 08:25am
Summer Term GCSE and A-Level Exams
Please click here for the GCSE and A-Level exam timetables for Year's 11 and 13
Welcome to Evelyn Grace Academy’s Music Department.
Head of Music Mrs McGarry
Music Department Vision:
To inspire all learners in Musical achievement and attainment through the exploration of a range of musical styles, instruments, performance and composition techniques.
KS3 Music Curriculum
All students follow a programme which provides an introduction to music including the elements such as rhythm, pitch and tempo. The Key Stage 3 curriculum acts as a vehicle for developing further skills in performing as well as listening and composition.
Autumn 1: STOMP!
Autumn 2: Finding your voice
Spring: The Power of Pentatonic
Summer: 4 Chord songs
Autumn 1: The Beauty of Baroque
Autumn 2: 4 Chord mash up
Summer: Band Carousel
Autumn 1: the Beauty of Baroque
Autumn 2: 4 Chord mash up
Spring: Brazil meets Jazz
Summer: Club Dance
KS4 Music Curriculum:
- Encourages students to be inspired and moved
- Helps students to develop broader life skills and attributes, including critical and creative thinking, aesthetic sensitivity, emotional awareness, cultural understanding, self-discipline, self-confidence and self-motivation
- Enables students to engage actively in the study of music
- Develops musical skills and interests, including the ability to make music individually and in groups
- Enables students to understand and appreciate a range of different kinds of music
Year 11 BTEC Music
Autumn: The Music Industry/Organisations and Job Roles in the Industry
Spring: Solo Performance/Presenting Skills/Professional Development in the Music Industry
Spring: Music Sequencing/ Managing a Music Product
Summer: Music Sequencing/ Managing a Music Product
Year 10 GCSE MUSIC
Autumn 1: Music Theory/Creative Composition/Ensemble Composition and Performance
Autumn 2: Area of Study 3 Star Wars and Solo performance rehearsal
Spring: Area of Study 2 Music for a While/ Area of Study 4 Release, solo performance rehearsal and ‘Free Composition’
Summer: Area of Study 3 Defying Gravity/ Area of Study 1 Brandenburg Concerto No.5, solo performance recordings and development of ‘Free composition’
Year 11 GCSE MUSIC
Autumn: Area of Study 2 Killer Queen/ Area of Study 4 Samba Em Preludio/ Area of Study 1 Sonata No. 8, performance and composition tasks
Spring: Review of set works, performance and composition tasks
Summer: Review of set works
We provide access to a range of enrichment activities for all year groups including:
- Instrumental lessons for all year groups
- A variety of musical and drama trips
- Musical clubs and groups
- Music technology clubs
- School concerts and performances
- Work with outside agencies
How to support your child:
- Encourage them to take an active interest in all forms of performing arts, theatre and music.
- Where and when possible take them to see live performance/music.
- Talk to them about the work they undertake in lessons.
- Encourage your child to participate in the board range of extra-curricular opportunities on offer.
- Check their planners for the homework set and support them in completing this well and on time.
- Purchase revision guides/study materials as directed by the teaching staff.