For the attention of all EGA Parents
Wednesday 29th March 2017, 5:30pm - 7pm - Year 11 Parent's Evening - All Parents are welcome to attend.
Last day of Term - Friday 31st March 2017, please note students will be dismissed at 12:10pm. Easter Half Term Break commences 01st April 2017 - 17th April 2017.
Staff Inset Day - Tuesday 18th April 2017, The school will be closed to all students. School resumes as normal Wednesday 19th April 2017, 8:20am.
Reminder: Please sign Student Planners! One of the easiest ways of keeping in touch with your child’s progress is to make sure that you have signed their planner. You can leave notes in the planner if you wish to communicate with your child’s tutor or subject teachers and keep an eye on how much homework is being set.
We monitor our student’s planners every week and, when we see your signature, we know that we are supporting each other with your child’s education.
Careers Education Information and Guidance
Evelyn Grace Academy Careers Mission Statement
Every student will find an individual pathway to University and Career Success based on informed decisions and in-depth Careers Education Information and Guidance (CEIAG)
"Guidance is important for social mobility because it helps open pupils' eyes to careers they may not have considered."
(Gatsby Report 2014)
If you are are a student at EGA and you attended the recent 'Fast Facts- Informing your Future' event, please take a moment to complete our online feedback survey. Your feedback matters:
CEIAG at EGA ‘Pupil Entitlement’:
Key Stage 3
By the end of Key stage 3, all pupils will:
- Know how to find information about careers in the library/careers room/ on-line
- Have found out more about themselves, including their skills and talents, personal qualities as well as possibilities for change
- Have discovered more about the world of work and the opportunities available
- Understand how to use LMI (Labour Market Information)
- Accessed Financial Capability instruction
- Know how to make decisions, such as choosing GCSE preferences
- Have used online programmes to find out more about the types of work they are suited to and interested in
- Have started the process of action and research planning for Post Year 11
- Have listened to speakers from a variety of professions
Key Stage 4
By the end of Key stage 4, all pupils will:
- Have visited a University at least once
- Have a working CV critiqued by at least two business professionals
- Attended a week long off-site programme of preparation for Careers and University Success
- Attended at least 2 college Open Days
- Have a 1:1 careers and progression interview with Careers Advisor and been given Action Plan
- Attended at least 1 Careers Fair
- Attended at least 1 College Fair
Key Stage 5
By the end of Key Stage 5 – pupils will:
- Have had targeted and relevant Work Experience
- Attended Summer Schools
- Engaged with the EGA Sixth Form Enrichment Programme
Dedicated Careers Room with an Open Door Policy at Lunch and After School stocked with resources and information available for all Students
Selected students in All years work with IntoUniversity