Spring 2 Mock Exams
- Spring 2 Assessments in Years 7-10 will take place from Monday 26th February 2018 to Friday 2nd March 2018
- Spring 2 Mock Exams in Years 11-13 will take place from Monday 26th February 2018 to Friday 9th March 2018 - please find the Mock Exam Timetables here
Welcome to Evelyn Grace Academy’s Inclusion
Inclusion at Evelyn Grace Academy plays a pivotal role in shaping students lives.
Bespoke interventions help give students opportunities and the tools to succeed and become leaders of tomorrow in every walk of life.
Inclusion is a network of support for all students, parents/carers and staff within the Academy. Inclusion enables effective teaching and learning to take place by promoting academic achievement, positive behaviour for learning and students’ emotional and physical wellbeing.
Inclusion aims to identify and meet every student’s needs and equip them with the necessary skill and aptitudes to become successful independent learners. Preparing and guiding them for future career paths so they can contribute positively to their communities and make a difference.
Our core purpose is to provide a safe, secure, nurturing and personalised learning environment where all students can thrive and achieve their full potential.
The Lambeth Local Offer can be found here.
Our Head of Inclusion is Ms A. Idun
Ms L. Carneiro - Head of SENCO
Ms J. Rogers - Specialist Dyslexia Teacher
Ms C. Dobson - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Mr E. Augustus - School Councellor
Mr A. Webb - Student Development Centre Lead
Ms K. Weston
Ms J. Fuller
Ms F. Anderson
Ms S. Morgan
Ms S. Dolphy
Mr E. Beckford
Ms E. Rochford
Ms S. Williams-Young
Mr A. Amissi
Ms K. Russell - Assistant Educational Psychologist
We provide access to a wide range of interventions and support for all year groups including:
Literacy intervention programmes:
- SRA reading decoding and comprehension
- SRA spelling programme
- Word Shark
- Units of Sound
- Toe by Toe
- Life Boat
Numeracy intervention programmes:
- Number shark
- Symphony Maths
- SRA Maths
In class support
Highly trained LSAs provide in class support for individual and groups of students in their classes
Small group withdrawals
- Anger management and social skills
- Self esteem, self image and self confidence
- Handwriting and fine motor skills
- Speech, Language and communication skills
- Literacy and numeracy bespoke catch-up programmes
- Healthy minds and positive wellbeing
- Loss and bereavement
- Anti- Bullying
One to One support
- Key workers
- Advice and support
- Advocacy services
The Nurture Group is a KS3 intervention programme to provide support for students whose current levels in English and Maths fall below target levels, have behavioural, emotional and social difficulties, are at risk of exclusion and whose needs can no longer be met just through classroom differentiation and whole school interventions.
The Nurture Group aims to provide students with holistic learning programmes within a nurturing and safe learning environment. These are designed to enable students to make rapid progress towards meeting their targeted levels in English and Maths; as well as equip them with the necessary skills they need to be able to become successfully included back into the school community and its rigorous routines and expectations in line with our high expectations.
- Kids Company
- Speech and Language Therapy Services
- Social Services
- Multi Agency Team
- Lambeth Educational Psychology Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Lambeth SEN
- Larkhall Autism Outreach
- Hearing Impairment Support Services
- Youth at Risk
- Catch 22
- Arrival Education
- Achievement for All
- I Can
- Brixton Learning Collaborative
- Lambeth Behaviour Advisory Services
Alternative Educational Provision
- YESS Project
- Youth Scene
- Building Lives Academy
- Lambeth College
- Primary and Secondary PRU
- Kids Co educational provision
How to support your child:
- Encourage your child to talk to you about their problems and how they feel. Assure them that they can ask for and receive help and/or support from any trusted adults in the school.
- Please contact anyone in the Inclusion team if you have any concerns whatsoever about your child’s well being.