Spring 2 Mock Exams
- Spring 2 Assessments in Years 7-10 will take place from Monday 26th February 2018 to Friday 2nd March 2018
- Spring 2 Mock Exams in Years 11-13 will take place from Monday 26th February 2018 to Friday 9th March 2018 - please find the Mock Exam Timetables here
Welcome to Evelyn Grace Academy’s English as an Additional Language Department
Our vision is to fully equip pupils with the linguistic and cultural skills required to enhance their learning, and support their integration into modern British culture. Our goal is to challenge and empower pupils to confidently undertake language related tasks – maximising their academic potential. To achieve this, we support staff in developing a range of strategies in making their subject accessible to EAL pupils – thus supporting the inclusive ethos of Evelyn Grace Academy.
Head of Department is Mrs. J. Bragahi
Ms. M. Lue-Cooper
Mr. J. Agard
We provide intense tailored withdrawal classes for beginner English speakers, and targeted pupils with a focus on the four skills: speaking and listening, reading and writing. Our aim is for pupils to acquire English rapidly and accurately – giving them a sound foundation to access the curriculum and excel.
Our professional EAL staff provide invaluable in-class support for targeted pupils.
Our team offers advice on differentiation for EAL pupils, provides exemplars of differentiated material and co-plans lessons with teachers.
We provide access to a range of enrichment activities for all year groups including:
- Homework Club
- Lunch-time Reading
How to support your child:
- Ensure that your child has a bilingual dictionary.
- Encourage your child to read books in English and have your child read to you every day for at least ten minutes. Have your child listen to the radio and watch informative television programmes – in English and discuss them.
- Check your child’s homework, read over it. Ensure that your child has used a dictionary to help with vocabulary and spellings.
- Do not hesitate to contact us with any query you may have regarding your child’s progress
Remember our motivation is your child’s success.