For the attention of all EGA Parents
Wednesday 29th March 2017, 5:30pm - 7pm - Year 11 Parent's Evening - All Parents are welcome to attend.
Last day of Term - Friday 31st March 2017, please note students will be dismissed at 12:10pm. Easter Half Term Break commences 01st April 2017 - 17th April 2017.
Staff Inset Day - Tuesday 18th April 2017, The school will be closed to all students. School resumes as normal Wednesday 19th April 2017, 8:20am.
Reminder: Please sign Student Planners! One of the easiest ways of keeping in touch with your child’s progress is to make sure that you have signed their planner. You can leave notes in the planner if you wish to communicate with your child’s tutor or subject teachers and keep an eye on how much homework is being set.
We monitor our student’s planners every week and, when we see your signature, we know that we are supporting each other with your child’s education.
If you have any queries about our admissions process, the waiting list or your child's place at Evelyn Grace Academy please contact us on 020 7737 9520 and ask for Ms. Dolphy (Admissions Officer) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions for Year 7
We have 180 places available in year 7 each year. Parents are strongly advised to take advice from their child’s primary school about the process for transfer into a secondary school. The process for Year 7 admissions for 2017/18 is:
- Refer to Lambeth’s Secondary Schools booklet.
- Visit the schools you are interested in (September and October 2017). Please click here for our open day events. If you are unable to attend one of open day events you are welcome to come in and collect an open day pack, or alternatively please call up to arrange a time to come in and view the school.
- Complete the Common Application Form (available from the Lambeth admissions team) and return it to Lambeth Council as advised by your child’s primary school. This should be done online in the first half of the Autumn term 2017.
- Parents will be notified of their school allocation early in March 2018.
Please note that Ark Evelyn Grace Academy has no supplementary forms and co-operates with the London-wide secondary schools admission process.
Where the number of applications for admission is greater than the admissions number and the Academy is therefore over-subscribed, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admissions of pupils with statements of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named on the statement, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
Admissions for Sixth Form
Prospective students can now register their interest by completing an online application form by clicking here.
In-Year Admissions 2016/2017
What year would my child be in?
- Current Year 7 - for children who will become 12 on or before 31st August 2017
- Current Year 8 - for children who will become 13 on or before 31st August 2017
- Current Year 9 - for children who will become 14 on or before 31st August 2017
- Current Year 10 - for children who will become 15 on or before 31st August 2017
- Current Year 11 - for children who will become 16 on or before 31st August 2017
The academy coordinates in-year admissions for students wishing to join the school mid-year. Parents/guardians should apply directly to the school; please first read the guidance notes, and then complete the application form.
We will endeavour to process your application within 7 days. If your application is unsuccessful, your child will be place on the waiting list in accordance with the oversubscription criteria found in the admissions policy.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2017 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2017||19 April 2017|
|after 19 April 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.