*Please can Parents/Carers ensure student uniforms, PE kits and property are clearly labelled, so that in the event any property goes missing we are able to clearly identify.*
Chicken Pox - Reminder to all Parents
If you suspect your child has/ developed chicken pox, please seek medical advice before sending your child into school. For more information, please click here
Summer Exams - 2017
Ark EGA Enrichment
Please view our new Enrichment Club Booklet - Find out all the latest activites and clubs that your child can be a part of!
Teaching and learning
“Learning is our core purpose – the learning of our students is our constant focus.”
Vision for Teaching and Learning at Evelyn Grace Academy
At Evelyn Grace Academy learning is our core purpose. This means that the learning of our students is our constant focus. It also means that adults at the Academy are encouraged to be life-long learners who learn with and from one another.
We want all students at EGA to have a quality learning experience which enables them to:
- Make rapid and sustained progress
- Benefit from a consistently positive, engaging, stimulating, enriching learning time
- Have learning opportunities which motivate, maximise enjoyment, participation and achievement.
- Build the resilience to tackle sometimes challenging or difficult learning experiences.
- Gain the knowledge, skills and personal qualities essential for success in a fast-changing globalised world.
- Encourage them to aspire to the values of endeavour, excellence and self-discipline, which underpin all that we do at Evelyn Grace Academy.
The 8 Foundations of Good Teaching and Learning at EGA
At Evelyn Grace Academy we have identified 8 features of good and outstanding Teaching and Learning.
The Foundations reflect the key things one would expect to see in a classroom at EGA where good or outstanding learning is taking place. The Foundations are:
- Planning for Learning
- High Expectations
- Literacy Skills
- Assessment for learning
- Collaborative Learning
- Independent Learning
Teachers, students and other adults in the classroom all have an important role to play in ensuring that the conditions are right for effective learning to take place.
How can I support my child to become a good learner?
- Listen to your child read for 20 minutes every day (KS3)
- Discuss a book or an article with your child (KS4)
- Make sure your child has a quiet space and time to do homework every day
- Ensure your child leaves home with writing equipment, planner and appropriate books for each day
- Talk to your child about the aspects of learning they enjoy, what they find challenging and what it means to arrive in school “ready to learn”
- Check and sign your child’s planner to monitor homework and teacher comments at least once a week
- Support your child by attending parent’s evenings, meetings and other Academy activities
- Encourage your child to get a good night’s rest
Who to contact about Teaching and Learning at Evelyn Grace Academy:
If you would like to discuss aspects of your child’s learning please contact your child’s Director of Learning in the first instance.
Also available to speak with you about Teaching and Learning at Evelyn Grace Academy are Ms Idun (Senior Vice Principal) and Mr Howells (Assistant Principal).