If you know a young person (aged 8-18 years) from a low income Lambeth household who is enthusiastic and committed to the arts (e.g. music, drama) or sports, they may be eligible for grant of up to £1,000. Click here for more information.
Spring 2 Assesments
Spring 2 Assessments for Year’s 7-10 will take place on Monday 27 February 2017 to Friday 03 March 2017
Spring 2 Mock Exams for Year’s 11-13 will take place on Monday 27 February 2017 to Wednesday 08 March 2017 - Mock Exam Timetable for Year's 11-13
Your child should expect to receive homework each week and will have a positive impact on your child’s progress in school.
Here are some of the key reasons homework is important and you may like to share these with your child:
- Homework teaches students the importance of planning, staying organised and taking action.
- Homework gives students another opportunity to review their class material.
- Homework gives parents a chance to see what is being taught in school.
It is important to help create an appropriate learning environment at home for your child to complete their homework successfully. Here are five useful tips that may help you:
- Provide a quiet place with few distractions for your child: no friends, television, mobile phones or other potential distractions should be present.
- Allocate enough time. Your child should complete their homework on the day their receive it. Help them not to leave it until the last minute!
- Check their planner every day to ensure that they have completed all their homework.
- If your child needs to do their homework on a computer, make sure they avoid social network sites (Facebook) or unrelated websites.
- Make a routine. It will help them do the homework independently and it will become a part of their everyday routine.