For the attention of all EGA Parents
Kings College London will be undergoing a reaserch study with students at the academy commencing 02 May 2017. The deadline for all consent forms is Tuesday 02 May 2017. For more information, letters and forms please click here.
Bank Holiday - Monday 01st May 2017, The school will be closed to all staff and students. School resumes as normal Tuesday 02nd May 2017, 8:20am.
Ark EGA Enrichment
Please view our new Enrichment Club Booklet - Find out all the latest activites and clubs that your child can be apart off!
Your child should expect to receive homework each week and will have a positive impact on your child’s progress in school.
Here are some of the key reasons homework is important and you may like to share these with your child:
- Homework teaches students the importance of planning, staying organised and taking action.
- Homework gives students another opportunity to review their class material.
- Homework gives parents a chance to see what is being taught in school.
It is important to help create an appropriate learning environment at home for your child to complete their homework successfully. Here are five useful tips that may help you:
- Provide a quiet place with few distractions for your child: no friends, television, mobile phones or other potential distractions should be present.
- Allocate enough time. Your child should complete their homework on the day their receive it. Help them not to leave it until the last minute!
- Check their planner every day to ensure that they have completed all their homework.
- If your child needs to do their homework on a computer, make sure they avoid social network sites (Facebook) or unrelated websites.
- Make a routine. It will help them do the homework independently and it will become a part of their everyday routine.